My name is Peter Wick. I’m pretty much your standard Ace Hardware 70 Kg male. Okay, okay, 77 Kg, but that’s not important. I was someone who was pretty good at almost anything put in front of me. Music, academics, software, medicine, woodworking, handiwork around the house, endurance sports, wise-assery, pontificating – all sorts of things. A real jack of all trades you might say.
Until I crashed in a race. That’s my helmet up top in the pic. Now I’m hoping to restore myself after a traumatic brain injury. I don’t know if I can expect a full recovery at this time (less than a year post-crash) but that doesn’t mean I’m giving in and just accepting how miserable life can be now. I want to get it all back and I probably won’t be satisfied just working back up to a nine of all trades. But that would be a good start.
- Serious Posts on Brain Injury I plan on keeping this category serious with posts meant to convey a message in earnest.
- Athletic Rebuilding My brain injury really pressed that Reset button. This section is going to track the stuff I’m gonna see on my way back to wherever I can get.
- My Experiences and Chronology I think this category is needed to sort out the stories about what happened to me along the way versus the more conceptual thoughts I wanted to post.
- If I Hear That One More Time… Brain injury is often misunderstood. This section is likely to have rants about the things you tend to hear over and over again.
- Random Notes Just like it says. I will try to keep these random thoughts pertinent to brain injury recovery and life.